- Location: Taiwan lies on the western edge of the Pacific Ocean in an area known as the "rim of fire". It lies off the southeastern coast of Asia, across the Taiwan Strait from mainland China. To the north is Japan, and to the south is the Philippines. Many airlines fly to Taiwan, making it the perfect travel destination.
- Climate: Taiwan enjoys warm weather all year round. Weather conditions fluctuate during spring and winter, while in summer and autumn the weather is relatively stable. Taiwan is extremely suitable for traveling, as the annual average temperature is a comfortable 22 degrees Celsius (71.6 Fahrenheit) with the lowest temperatures on the lowlands generally ranging from 12 to 17 degrees Celsius (54-63 Fahrenheit). Except for a few mountain areas where some traces of snow can be found during winter, one rarely sees snow in Taiwan. During rainy season (March to May), continuously drizzling rain will sometimes fall on Taiwan.
(Please visit the following website for more details: http://www.cwb.gov.tw)
- I. Area: 36,000 square kilometers
- II. Population: 23 million
- III. Capital: Taipei City
- IV. Time zone: GMT +8 (no daylight savings)
- V. Language: Mandarin Chinese (official language),
- i. Taiwanese, Hakka, and Indigenous languages
- VI. Religion: Taiwan is highly diversified in terms of religious belief, with the practices of Buddhism, Taoism, Christianity, Mormonism, the Unification Church, Islam, and Hinduism, as well as native sects such as Yiguandao and others.